Monday, July 2, 2012

Killers, Pools, "Naptime", and i wish i was 20 again.

Today's episode of, "Summer Joys" brought to you by Excedrin and marshmallows.

Hmm. Where to start.

Shall i begin this journey with the soda spill on the coffee table by my son, that was in turn, mopped up by the 18m old with pizza? Or the marshmallows, bitten in half and stuck to a wall in the kitchen. Or the 6yr old who "hears sounds" all the time, and will come screaming from other rooms, or refuse to go to sleep without being threatened. Or the pool that gets filled up for the kids, only to have them all come inside the house. Or the popsicle wrappers that no one left all over the place. Hello, ants. Or the nap that is really just 18m old screaming and throwing things out of her crib. No fear, she will fall asleep *JUST* when i was about to get her up, so we can go to the store. To buy a new hose....because i bought the hose last year, and in spite of my son saying, "Mom, seriously, we NEED a longer one than 20 feet", in my head, i was all, "pshhh....what do YOU know, you're 9", and bought the one that was 20 feet, and it only goes...well...20 feet. And apparently, though in my head our yard is supa-small, it's bigger than 20 feet. And if i want to keep the grass-rot-death-smell-Biblical plague of flies from happening, i have to keep strategically moving the pool around. But, because of my brilliant hose purchase, i can't. And i'm a little ticked because no one is even out in the pool that i just dumped, cleaned, moved, and refilled.
No one left this here.
Mickey CLEARLY did this.
Summer also brings me joys, like reading...reading books for ME-ME-MEEEE!!! Which, depending on what was given to me at Christmas or laying around, can range from frun Janet Evanovich books, to books by James Rollins, to my husbands favorite books by Ted Bell (ok, throwing this one out, any ladies out there notice that we will "give in" and read their books that they tell us are amazing, but they never-ever read ours?) to a nice, cozy tale of a serial killer that i can't put down. And now i am thinking i need to vary my daily routine, burn all our trash, carry a weapon, and get ADT. And never-ever trust someone in a cast who is all, "excuse me miss, can you help me with my groceries?". No. I can't. In fact, i am going to throw my groceries at you - hopefully it's a day when i bought alot of canned goods...because, apparently, i am living in the 1950's - and scream, "RUN" to my children.
You can pretend these are smart books that normal homeschool Mommies read. They are all about curriculum.
Summer also brings me MORE joys, i know, i know...MORE than what i just described? yes. Summer brings to me the magic, splendor, and wonder of wearing a swimsuit in public. Who doesn't love that. I didn't mind when i was 20. I even pulled it off after a few kids. Now...well, do i need to really say more than the fact that it is made by Spanx? And that is great. It's good to be sucked in. But sad that all this ain't gonna suck itself in anymore. Yeah, yeah, i had that "take time" post. I was bordering on being in great shape "for a mom of 5" a month or so ago. But then...then, the untimely death of motivation (you know, except for at night, after i ate everything, when i am like, "YEAH! tomorrow it's ON!").Whatever. NOW i have a Spanx swimsuit, and i keep eating ice cream and hamburgers, and the stitching in this swimsuit is screaming. If it goes...look out. Keep your kids and small dogs inside.
This was after i was all, "IF YOU DON'T GET IN THAT POOL"...

Peace out, Mammas:) ~Sue

8 comments:

  1. Ha, no one EVER leaves trash around my house (no one is and 8 yo boy and a 15 yo boy)! They look like they don't mind the pool too much ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is amazing how "no one" does anything. apparently, i do all these things. and then blame my innocent children. :)

      Delete
  2. YAY! More stuff from Sue to read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 your captions! Nice piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, michelle!! i feel a little like the black sheep with my nonsense...

      Delete
  4. love, love, love. especially found the labels for the article amusing...about as random grouping of words as you're gonna find I suspect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha:) thanks, heather! i think...random is the name of the game in my house...brain...life?

      Delete