Thursday, August 30, 2012

Living in fear. Like, making a home there, and putting up curtains.


Last night, i couldn't sleep. I just was laying there, staring at the clock. 2:35-2:36-2:37. Should i just go clean? Reorganize the bill and calendar box? Pretty sure 11yr old left dishes FULL of food in her attic bedroom from the playdate on Monday. I've been asking her every day to bring them down. I didn't do the dishes in the sink last night. It might be nice tomorrow, and i can't open the windows because spiders have made a home in the screens. What if one of my kids gets sick? What if I get sick? What if the husb trips at training today and falls off a mountain? (don't worry, my dear Mother in Law, he won't:) ) What will i do with my LIFE when all my kids leave me? I don't want them to leave me. I won't be able to blame anyone but me for the house. Because lets face it, it's probably 35% kids 15% husb, and 50% my laziness.

I want to do everything right, and i don't.
I want to help people more, but i'm tired or i don't want the obligation.
I want to be nice. I'm not.
I want to be encouraging to others. That would require me to be more friendly.
I want to be a rockstar at homeschool, but it is SO. MUCH. WORK. I hate math.
I don't want to be the grownup.
I want the kids to have an amazing, happy childhood, and i think i am failing at that.
...will they just remember me sighing REALLY loudly and mournfully, see THAT look of disappointment on my face, while i look out the window at the "fort" they are excitedly showing me, that is in full view of the street? The fort made of yarn, paper, and lawn furniture tied into a giant knot.

When i take the time to fold the laundry, have them come get their pile, and i walk past their room and see they threw it on the floor...i can feel IT bubbling up. Anger, worthlessness, sadness. I feel like i have friends who are able to laugh at these things. And i just want to go on a rampage, throwing things, ripping down curtains - go all Hulk on them. Because THAT would teach them. Riiiight. It's laundry. WHO. CARES. But in the moment, i suuuper care.

I'm just tired of fear being the base of so much of my day.
Fear that i am failing as a Mom, when my kids couldn't care less - they remember the same things i remember about my Mom, hugs, big breakfasts, laughing, crafts, reading books, the best holidays ever, 16 kinds of Christmas cookies, and being in an amazing environment of love.
Fear that i am failing as a wife, because he had to find his own socks, or the weight i gained...again, or the house wasn't pretty when he got home, or i don't know what's for dinner yet. My husband couldn't care less. He is a million percent happy with me. Why do i put all this on myself??
Fear that i am failing at school with my kids. Because i still am not ready to commit to the school year yet. Because i usually don't know what the heck other homeschool Mom's are talking about with curriculum (and, i will admit, it's because i don't want to). Because my kids aren't named Moses-Ezekiel and Hadassah-Mary, and they don't speak Greek and do advanced calculus at 4 years old. SO WHAT! I swear, i spend so much time making up fears for myself, then feeling like i don't fit in anywhere, it's totally ridiculous. The homeschool "society" in general is the most friendly, accepting group ever. I put this on myself. I do.
Fear of my own laziness. Now this is legit. 2 legit 2 quit. And it's going to be a battle.

*disclaimer: i will never, ever be one of the super moms who likes to be busy, so don't pray for that. i love being home with my kids and husband! i don't want to be busy every day. ever. it makes me sweaty and angry.

I am scared God will test me in life. I am terrified it's in His plan to take one of my kids early. And i will have to be that strong, Christian woman. I don't think i can do that. AND I DON'T WANT TO BE TESTED ON IT!!! I don't. I should want to. There are Bible verses on that stuff. But i want to live happily every after, go to Disney, and have passable smart kids with little or no effort. Oh, and have someone stop by, see our cute little family, and just give us $50,000. Just because we are so great.

All i'm really saying today is somehow, i want to stop being afraid of things. Like afraid to the point where i don't want to leave my home, or anyone to take my kids anywhere (koo-koo!!). Because somehow, my home is a safety bubble where nothing will go wrong?? That's not true! I TRULY want to replace my fear, inadequacies, and ridiculous worry with God. I always say this, but i feel like i'm always waiting for "it" to start....the perfect that is totally going to fall into my lap. I need to work for it. MAKE it happen. And stop being afraid.

Because fear is boring.
And no one likes a boring girl:)

Thanks for reading my rant...and Happy Thursday:)
~Sue

p.s. i'm not crazy. i'm not depressed. i'm not in need of "special help". blogging is how i work things out. please don't call 911 or stop by without texting, you will see me with makeup smooshed all over my face, sweats with a blown out crotch, and a tee shirt with no bra. and THAT is not good. no one needs that sight burned into their brain. i'm fine. you can just pray for me to stop being a lazy, fearful, whacko! unless you are bringing me donuts. leave them on the porch.

9 comments:

  1. LOL!!! The last line seriously made me LOL! You are great! I know you are just being honest but it is awesome to read such honesty in a world where everyone else is lying through their teeth just to seem "normal". If you somehow stumble across the source of abounding energy, please share it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DONUT PARTY! i'm sure we would feel very energetic after that.
      ~Sue

      Delete
  2. LOVE YOU, SUE!! :) As always, I love your honest posts. And, my favorite parts are the disclaimer and "PS." What I love most about you and your posts is your honesty! We ALL struggle with stuff. And, probably the "perfect" homeschoolers/families should be be put in an institution. I know I don't measure up no matter how hard I wish I did. And, trust me- those who think I do "measure up" might feel differently if they were a fly on the wall of my life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take this to mean we should find the perfect homeschoolers and find something wrong with them, mock them, causing that perfect exterior to crack, until they give up and put their kids in public school?? And then we laugh and laugh and drink coffee while the kids learn "math" from playing the baseball game on the wii. Wait...you probably didn't mean THAT.
      ~Sue

      Delete
  3. That's it!!!!! I am moving back to NJ. Not just NJ, but Marlton. YUP! Get ready Michelle-cause I might just crash at your place. I mean REALLY!! Why have you hidden these ladies from me all these years???? Surely you can see the resemblance??? Or..they are just exaggerating and only "I" see the resemblance because I keep thinking they are writing about MOI! So, I'm just going to move in with Michelle and fam. and make myself nice and cozy-put up some "curtains" of my own and invite myself to be friends with your friends-cause each time I visit this blog-I love them more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT! I will say, for Michelle, that is totally fine :D
      ~Sue

      Delete
    2. Agreed! You should do it, Shannon! Ironically, I met these lovely ladies when I moved to Marlton, yet they are both Gloucester county chicks?!?

      Delete
  4. Sue, I would love to be a fly on the wall at your house. Seriously. Even though my boys don't start kindergarten until next year, I am already stressing about school. I'd really like to homeschool--but I'm afraid that I'm too lazy to maintain a schedule ... that I'll frustrate them and they'll resent me ... that I'm too much of a social misfit myself to provide a well-rounded social life for them. You have the same fears I do, yet your kids seem pretty well-adjusted and happy.

    ReplyDelete