Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Puddleglum.

"The bright side of it is...that if we break our necks from getting down the cliff, then we're safe from being drowned in the river" Puddleglum, The Silver Chair, 1953

This week is just starting off as the failure type week. I didn't think it was going to be. But now...being in full-blown Puddleglum mode, i find myself EXPECTING it. Waiting for it. From the fighting kids - TWO who live to fight with each other, and ONE who lives to start fights with all of his sisters - to unexpected and gigantic bills, to car trouble that is now in the domino effect, to certain kids asking about going to school instead of being home-schooled, to my sweet one getting hurt feelings that i could do NOTHING about, to just me being blaaa and overwhelmed.
A good way to push yourself over the edge when you are already overwhelmed? Bills and curriculum.
Empty PB jar #1 placed back into the fridge.
Empty PB jar #2 also placed back into the fridge.
For your viewing pleasure, the empty peanut butter jars. When they are full, i can't get people to put them back in the right place with begging or threats. For some reason, when they are empty, THAT is when they go back into the fridge. I have no words. And i also do not BUY more peanut butter, because i thought we had some. And we don't.


The sink. About 5 minutes before this, the sink was empty. There was also not a flood (which you can't see) of water all over counters and floors from short people filling up water guns.
I guess no one wants "kisses from the misses".

While making my husband's lunch for the next day, i dropped everything. For no reason. WHY. DOES. THAT. HAPPEN. When you just drop stuff? And usually that goes hand in hand with not being able to pick it up without at least 4 tries. So i had to throw away all the lettuce and start over. Ok, some of it. I sorta washed a few pieces off and used them. And yes, to the left you will see my foot holding the cabinet door SHUT because things are so disorganized right now, that every door stays open about 3-4inches. 
Trying to be ahead of the game only works when you don't drop everything.
The fish saw what i did with the lettuce and is CLEARLY judging me.
I guess things will perk up at some point...but right now...i may take a few minutes to curl up with The Silver Chair. That is, IF the kids don't all come running down the stairs. And if they don't, i will surely realize my coffee is cold, go to make more, and break the coffee pot. Happy gloomy Tuesday.

"And you must always remember there's one good thing about being trapped down here: It'll save funeral expenses." Puddleglum ~ The Silver Chair, 1953

~Sue




4 comments:

  1. I'm sad that it's a Puddleglum kind of day/week for you, but I'm glad that I'm not alone- because I surely have some Puddleglum times as well! Awesome pics btw... did you sneak in my house and take pictures of my house, though? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when lettuce just spontaneously jumps onto the floor. I hope your day got better and that you enjoyed a nice glass of wine (or whatever poison you prefer) once you got through it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad i'm not alone!! And i ended up at my Mom & Dad's while my older kids were at Vacation Bible School - where they bought me dinner! I even got to watch a grown up movie (Father of the Bride 2)while my little one played with toys and the family cat -it was AMAZING:) Just what i needed!

      Delete