Monday, July 30, 2012

Wishing i was really-really smart and knew stuff that mattered. Not just weird facts about old Hollywood stars.

I seriously keep wanting to learn more....read more. Get all kindsa fancy degrees. Any degree. *shout out to my 1 yr Bible college that got me....um...nada. no offense. fun year though. wait, it probably wasn't supposed to be fun. crap.*

Like, when we watched the new Sherlock Holmes movie, i was all (to myself - i know better than to say things aloud about my quest for knowledge), "i am going to start reading crazy smart books. you don't even know. CRAZY. SMART. and i will know things that are sooo amazing. i will be able to enter into conversation with not just homeschool moms, but anyone!!!"

Then we leave the movie theater, and i realize *other than time wisely spent looking up white sundresses on Amazon*, i kind of don't have time to read stuff. Max Planck will have to wait. Although, i might get some points for knowing who Max Planck is. And i only got that from another book i read. But it wasn't a smart book. It was historic fiction. Hopefully Max Planck is real. Just kidding, he totally is. I googled him to make sure, but accidentally instead of typing, "Max Planck books" (for my "i'm going to read smart books" list) i wrote, "Max Planck boobs". Delightful type-o. Brings me to another point, why is it a type-o? WHAT DOES THE O STAND FOR? omission? oops? ....ohnoispelledthatwrong?
Wait for me...Max Planck. Shhh. Wait for me. *whispered*
Anyway...you get the idea. If i have no way, or no time, to do these things, i want to get smarter. I really do. Then if i have a few minutes, and *could* be reading something that is not garbage, i take that time to order more Black Tiger K-cups. Mainly because i think the name is funny. *sigh* it's true. Or go on People.com and see who is pregnant and looks amazing.

I personally feel that if you want to get smarter, you better be doing it before having kids. Because after kids, you need to embrace the raging, wandering around not knowing what you are looking for, blithering idiot you will become. Either you don't have time, because you are genuinely busy with important stuff, OR you do have time, and (for the ladies like me) you are like, "oooh Jessica Simpson's baby is sooooo cute....i better read that article."

Unfortunately, i have friends who are super smart and get smarter. And have degrees. And went ahead and became nurses and such. Run various businesses, and have endless ideas for more. Worked in the Navy. I want you to know, i hate you. But i love you though. But i'm really mad. But i love you. *no, i do NOT really hate you. it is pure childish envy/jealousy/stomping off and kicking stuff.*

Also burning my hot cross buns further, the fact that my brothers and sisters are totally smart. And crafty. I am basically the um...the...the one with 4 girls and a boy. My claim to fame. Which is cancelled out by the fact that my brother has 4 boys and a girl. Weird, right? But i can accept that. Because at some point, someone will need to know what Cary Grant's REAL name was, or where he was born. Perhaps for the newspaper quiz. The newspaper that they read, and i used to make hats.

They will be stumped. They will be angry. And that is where i will come in.
Archibald Alexander Leach

~Sue

4 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I LOVE your posts! Thanks for helping me laugh on this *lovely* Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D oh Sue you are gifted beyond you would ever know!! I need it a laugh today, right now, and still laughing !! gosh deep in me I think the same about myself! who would though 2 different ladies, different backgrounds, different everything but same ridiculus thoughts when we let the "enemy" attack us with the cruel way of comparisson!! Sue Im sure you heard this before but I will tell you, anyway.. God himself created us unique and different and somehow we fit the body of Christ! and when we see that, that´s all what we need to embrace!!
    Keep looking up!!!
    Blessings,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you patricia! this is definitley something i struggle with FOR SURE!!! i appreciate the encouragement more than you know:) i hope you are having a good week!!

      Delete