Friday, June 15, 2012

Inside My Not-So-Designer Purse

My son has been potty-trained for many months.  For less than two months, I have joyfully put the diaper bags away and pulled out my grown-up purses.  None of them are great purses.  Definitely NOT cool designer purses.  I got this one on clearance at Target.  (And, I know that they say that you should carry a purse in addition to your diaper bag, but I never do that.)  After clearing out mostly trash- that my children give ME instead of finding a trashcan?- this was what was left:  


Well, there's still some trash, I admit.  
1) Wallet
2) Elmo toy thermometer
3) Big Bird toy otoscope
4) M&M's on the bottom of my purse amongst the trash (Maybe they're still good?) 
5) Dirty napkin
6) Compact
7) My son's slap bracelet
8) Deoderant (because I sweat a lot and smell)
9) Granola bar wrapper
10) Goldfish in a baggie (some leaked out and the grease from the 
goldfish managed to destroy an important receipt or two) 
11) Empty M&M wrapper (And, no I did not win the contest on the wrapper. I just bought the M&M's to console me after grocery shopping.)
12) Pen
13) Empty gum wrapper, since my kids take all of my gum.
14)Random brochures to keep my littlest one happy that we got at our last Longwood Gardens field trip a month ago
15) CVS coupons that could be expired.  Or that I may never use.  


I'd like to say that this is unusual, but it is not.  
Especially since having children almost 13 years ago. 

Although this disturbs me, there are things that disturb me more.  

But, maybe I'll just get rid of that purse.  

Oh yeah... I will... 
Because in about four months, I will put my not-so-designer purse away 
and pull out the diaper bags again.  :)




~Michelle


1 comment:

  1. If it were me..those m&m's wouldn't have lasted long enough to take the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete