Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Some days you just have to eat candy pumpkins...



Some days are tear worthy.  These days require candy pumpkins.  

Not because my 10 year-old son found a hair in his lemonade.

Not because it's challenging when you're 38 weeks pregnant to get comfortable and sleep at night.

Not because after today's examination the midwife said that my cervix seems to feel as if I never had a baby before- even though this will be my fourth child, and I am "due" in a week and a half. 



Not because my ninja son refused to take a nap today. (Good thing he's cute. ;)  )

Not because you're teaching 5th grade, 8th grade, and preschool throughout the day and running your kids to and from all of their activities. 

Not because the book I'm reading makes me cry, so I don't want to read it. 

Not because there is still much to do before the baby arrives.  Business stuff, school stuff, house stuff, etc... 

Not because the presidential debate is on tonight and- well, I don't even want to get into that- but let's just say that both candidates upset me from time to time. One less than the other.  And, the media just makes me angry.  So, I really don't want to watch it.  It will make me upset and tears could follow.

Not because it's ridiculously humid for this time of year! 

Not because of the dreary, rainy week it's been.

Not because reading sweet picture books to my four-year-old makes me cry.

Not because being on hold on the phone while trying to accomplish necessary things makes you angry. And cry.

Not because I am so blessed beyond measure with an awesome family and Lord-willing another little girl to love in the near future, so I can't keep myself from crying. (because I am indeed blessed beyond measure!)

Sometimes you just cry, and there are no answers.  Except that your hormones are acting up.  

The logical part of you tries to tell the hormonal part of you that it is only the pregnancy.  The hormones will improve. Eventually... 

But, then you remember that the hormones won't improve for weeks to months after the baby has made her entrance, so you are ignoring the logical part of yourself for now!!

You end up avoiding phone calls, because you MIGHT cry for no reason at all.  And, you wouldn't want to upset someone on the other end.  Because there really is nothing wrong.  It really is just hormones. 

So you just end up eating candy pumpkins on these days, because there's nothing actually "wrong." (Truly, there isn't!)  You try to ignore the fact that your four-year-old ninja son is OBSESSED with these same candy pumpkins.  And, he MIGHT from time to time have a tantrum because he "needs" them.  And, you MIGHT now begin to understand and actually relate to his "need" and MIGHT throw your own tantrum for candy pumpkins. 

Even if it is 8 o'clock in the morning. 

Even though there REALLY is nothing wrong.  

Thank God for candy pumpkins.

~Michelle











1 comment: