Wednesday, October 10, 2012

She's HERE!!!

                                                 WELCOME TO THE WORLD!!!
                                           On October 9th, Mirabella Daisy arrived.
                                                   6lbs 15oz & 19 1/2 inches long.
                                     And perfect, miraculous, and amazing in every way.
                                          Congratulations to the Francisco Family!!!

“Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth!

Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,

Hang out the washing and butter the bread,

Sew on a button and make up a bed.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?

She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking!

Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue

(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

Dishes are waiting and bills are past due

(Pat- a- cake, darling and peek, peekaboo).

The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew

And out in the yard and there’s a hullabaloo

But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.

Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?

(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,

But children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.

So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.

I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep.”

~Taken from “Song for a Fifth Child” by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that verse! I have a portion of it hanging on my wall. :) enjoy your precious little one and rest as much as you can now. Praying she is an excellent sleeper!!! :) Love you all and SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete