Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sometimes, when you start being responsible, it scares your husband.

Today, my big brother showed up at my house. That's all fine and dandy, i WELCOME people stopping by with open arms. Stop laughing. Ok, no, i don't. It strikes fear into my SOUL. It does. Usually because my house is trashed and i'm in pajamas with no bra. It's the homeschool Mom uniform of choice. Anyway, my brother came running into the house...then, saw i was fine, i got an awesome big-brother hug, and he was on his way.

Why?

Well, kids, i had left my phone upstairs in my bedroom. See, we started school this week. It's not full fledged yet, it's baby steps. We have vacation coming up in 9ish days, so, because i am totally responsible, i don't want to get into anything crazy where they are learning something new and brilliant, then we are at Disney, and Rock and Roller Coaster SPINS all the smarts outta them. So relaxed workbook stuff it is, a few pages here and there. Just getting back into the swing of things.

You are getting that useless info, because on Monday i realized i will totally ignore my kids if my phone is around. I just will. I can't NOT text. I neeeed to. My friend needs to know RIGHT AWAY if i like Starbucks over Dunkin. That stuff can't wait for hours. It's super important. So, as i'm snapping at a 6yr old who wants to know what carrying means in math (i am absolutely making this part up, it's just an idea of how lame i am), i'm like, "I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T CARE!". Because of the phone. I can't have it near me. It needs to be entire floors away.

I started this yesterday, and Mike was at training or something, but something where he couldn't text me either, so it didn't make a difference.

Today, it did.

My brother runs in. Sees i am alive, and that there is school crap everywhere, and then is on his merry way after telling me Mike was looking for me. So i go up and check my phone. Missed calls, texts, basic spazzing and pandemonium have occurred. All because for the first day in a loooong time, i didn't send about 500 stupid, silly, whiny, whatever texts to my husband! My wonderful husband, with HIS crazy job, and what HE does, is worried about me. It's laughable (but VERY sweet!) to say the least. I called him up, explained what was going on, and it was so cute. It just was. He was very worried. To the point where he felt sick over it, texted and called family and just panicked in general. All because his delightful, normally irresponsible, school hating wife wasn't texting.

Short story long, he was proud of me trying to be a grown up. Confused, but proud. So contrary to popular belief, i am alive and well, 4 kids have gotten school in every day this week (holy crap it's only Wednesday?? ARE YOU SERIOUS??), and now that school is done for the day, i can become a 15 year old with my phone yet again.

THE END.

~Sue

2 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE this post....with little hearts over my "i"s....just like a 15 year old! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D this is so cute and awesome!! thank you for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete