Monday, August 20, 2012

Top Ten Reasons Why I'm Glad Summer's Ending

Sunset in the Florida Keys while on a 14 yr. anniversary date with my hubby

As the sun sets on summer <sigh> I now must make my list about why it is so lovely that it is all coming to an end....<ahem>

Top Ten Reasons Why I'm Glad Summer's Ending
10. It won't be so hot. 
(Nevermind... we live in NJ & it could be hot until November...)

9.The kids can't wait to start school. 
Um... no, they can wait...

8.There are so many yummy Fall foods to look forward to. 
Oh wait... then, I will gain some more 
unnecessary pregnancy pounds...

<sigh> So, it's settled.  I can not go on with this list.
I'm really sad that summer is ending. 
Really.

Top Ten Reason Why I'm Sad Summer's Ending

10. I really do love the summer even if it is hot. 

9. My house is cleanest in the summer, so it only goes downhill from here.

8. I have to spend less time reading "fun" books like 
"The Hunger Games" and spend more time reading... curriculum.

7. I have to start nesting again, because the baby needs a bedroom.

6. I have SO much work to do with my business, home, school, and church.

5. My schedule is about to intensify. 

4. I'm at the point in the pregnancy where I'm remembering how little sleep I have left before I embark on the journey of endless sleeplessness for an undetermined amount of time. 

3. Though I am passionate about home educating my children and my children generally like homeschool, the thought of school beginning is still not a fun thought right after we've returned from a fantastic, relaxing vacation.

2. I will be gaining more weight over the next few weeks from delicious Fall foods that I love, and the pounds might take a while to come off.

1. The baby- though we might have atleast narrowed it down- still remains nameless until my husband and I can come to an agreement.

Really, when I think about it,
I'm just lamenting that I have to be a grown-up after returning from such a relaxing, worry-free vacation. 
I like being a grown-up... sometimes...maybe... 
Just not when the summer is ending...:)

My hubby and littlest guy fishing on vacation.


~Michelle





4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! And i feel the same on so many levels....so, so many. Great post, Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the REAL reason you don't want summer to end...you never got your Ferraby Fix..so it just feels like it shouldn't be over! Miss you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Shan! Missed you guys this summer!! :'(

      Delete
  3. There is no reason to make this a post about how wonderful summer is. This post is really about how boring it is to be a grown up. ;)
    ~Stephanie :)

    ReplyDelete